the usagi incidents

20050507

NIN - with teeth



This is a hard review to write: partially because my feelings for this album and artist, so I'll do my best to put things into words. Reznor is finally back with a new album, following his usual pattern of five-year cycles in releases. And again, he manages to blow my mind with entirely new material that doesn't follow his usual style, except for maybe lyrics. Albums like this make me keep faith in American music - Reznor, much like a pheonix, continually rebirths himself by his albums.

My favourite song by far on this work is "Everyday is Exactly the Same", and I can't explain why. The lyrics and the music just resonate in a way that's just beyond words.

It's an amazing album, and if you like NIN's previous stuff, Reznor won't fail to disappoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home