the usagi incidents

20050530

Singer Songer - Shoka Rinrin



2005 is the year of the alter-ego girl rock band, it seems. First Shiina Ringo ups and creates Tokyo Jihen last year with the members of PE'Z, and now Cocco does the same with the members of Quruli.

I've never been a huge fan of Cocco, though I do like some of her tunes, and I'm a merciless Ringohime devotee. So I'm going to try really hard not to compare both bands. Really hard. >_<

However, I can say that Cocco works VERY well with the guys of Quruli. The single is fantastic, and quite fun to listen to for summer. Very relaxing. Good for roadtripping - that's the kind of feeling I get when I listen to this single.

Their first album drops in June, and it'll be interesting to see if it's just as good as the single was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home