the usagi incidents

20050606

Gokinjo Monogatari 1

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Summary: (from shoujomagic.net) This is the prequel to "Paradise Kiss" / 『パラダイスキス』 ("Paradaisu Kisu") by Ai Yazawa (mangaka of "Nana" / 『ナナ』, too!). Ever since he was small, all the girls in the neighborhood have fawned over Tsutomu Yamaguchi, whose name came from a song and whose adorable face closely resembles the monkey character Monchichi's. Even back then, it was enough to make his friend and neighbor Mikako sick. Now that he's a little more grown, Tsutomu looks like the lead vocalist of Manbou, Ken Nakagawa, and that makes him even more popular with the ladies. But Mikako -- now a trendy teen with modern sensibilities -- couldn't care less. Or could she...? "Gokinjo Monogatari" is a sharp-witted and stylish slice-of-life story!

Review: I'd already read Paradise Kiss, but now I've finally found time to read Gokinjo. Awesome. I always love Yazawa Ai's works, and this one really gives me a feeling like I've experienced falling in love with a childhood friend (which I haven't of course). That's what I love about her work - you can always feel something through her stories, make yourself experience it even if you really haven't in real life.


2 3 4 5 6 7 (FINAL)

Related:
Paradise Kiss (sequel) (translated manga)
Paradise Kiss (anime)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home