the usagi incidents

20050726

Annoucementses, other shit

'Sup guys. After being pretty much raped by the summer courses' workload here at ICU, I've had to make some tough decisions on what to keep watching and what to drop. I already have a backlog on Gokujou and Hachikuro to catch up with, but here's what I've come up with:

CONTINUING ANIME:
Sugar Sugar Rune: I love the manga, so I'm going to keep watching the show.
Petopetosan: Really interesting societal commentary, whether you guys are aware of it or not.
Kamichu!: Despite the Ghibli feel, I just can't explain why I love this show so much. It's got everything that appeals to me, I guess. I love it.
Gokujou Seitokai: LOLs and lesbianism. Despite my backlog. -__-
Hachikuro - It's Hachikuro, guys. Do I need a reason? ;p

DROPPING ANIME:
Ichigo Mashimaro: After rewatching the first episode, I just can't take the freaking loli/moe any longer, depsite my great liking for Nobue.
Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo! - BORING. Lost my love for it by the second episode.
Nanami-chan Season 2 - No cable to watch in the dorms, no raw distros online. Going to be put on hold until I can get access to watching. ;/

CONTINUING MANGA:
All the ones you see currently will be continued, when I get time to finish them all.

DROPPING MANGA:
Mostly by chapter.
Death Note - losing interest and since it's out weekly, I never get the time to read it.
Tsubasa - As much as I adore Tsubasa, same thing. This dragonfly race arc is boring the shit out of me.
Evangelion: Ikari Shinji etc - very limited distro, hard to find online or in stores. Gonna have to wait this one out.

COMMENTS ON THE 2005 SPRING AND SUMMER SEASONS:
I used to be able to keep up with at least five shows per season (not including carry-overs), but I've noticed recently that only a few really good shows/plots have grabbed my attention. For Spring it was Loveless, Hachikuro, and Gokujou Seitokai. Tsubasa initially grabbed my interest since I love the manga, but Bee Train didn't do as good a job as I'd hoped so I dropped it. Now for summer, I'm into Sugar Sugar Rune, Kamichu!, and Petopetosan.

3 shows per season, not including carry-overs, on average. This should say something about the state of creativity in Japan right now. :/

However, I am excitedly awaiting the Tsubasa, XXXHolic, and Nana movies, as well as Paradise Kiss set for TV release this fall. Let's hope things get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home