the usagi incidents

20050725

Refuse and Resist 1

REFUSE AND RESIST Vol.1
July 22, 2005
Kichijouji Crescendo, Kichijouji, Musashinoshi, Tokyo
With: HEAD PHONES PRESIDENT, BONKIN' CLAPPER, unSLOW, daTURA, ANTeNNA, CODE-NAME

I had decided to go to this live at the last minute - the door price was incredibly cheap (2200 with a drink included), HEAD PHONES PRESIDENT do not do lives that often, I was free, and I wanted to check out daTURA too.

I totally did not regret going.

ANTeNNA was shockingly good, as was daTURA, but of course, Anza and her band, HEAD PHONES PRESIDENT took the cake in terms of performance.

They performed a 30 minute set straight - no breaks, no water, and one could hardly tell where one song ended and another began. They played all of the new songs off of their latest single released in June, "WhitError", "I will stay", and a few others I can't remember. Anza is either an amazing performance artist, or she's definitely got a mental diagnosis. I left feeling scraped raw from inside out, feeling what she wanted me to feel, and being glad for it.

I cried on the train home. Yes. It was that intense.

HPP have another live coming up soon - I may just rally the gang and go again. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home