the usagi incidents

20051124

Utada Hikaru - Passion (PV)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Someone DEFINITELY gave their entire wallet to Utada to make this. This video is one of her best visually, and I was just BLOWN away. I didn't quite get the anime part at the beginning, but whatever. I just kind of sat there for five minutes, mouth open, taking it all in.

About the song, however, I'm going to have to agree with friend Airiko about this - it does feel like a Sakamoto Maaya song. Not that that's a bad thing. It's a really good song - it feels faintly Indian and warpy, like something she would have put on "Deep River". It's things like this that make me love music in general: artists NOT afraid to experiment and put their ideas out there. This was an audio and visual feast. When the single comes out, if it has a DVD attached, I'm buying it.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger StarCreator said…

    It does indeed have a CD+DVD edition when it comes out next month. :3

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger ozguitar67 said…

    holy crap, yeah. this video is incredible. ...right now i'm trying to find somewhere to aquire this video for my viewing pleasure

     

Post a Comment

<< Home