the usagi incidents

20051210

House 11

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

"DETOX"

Summary: While trying to figure out why a young patient won't stop bleeding after a car wreck, House takes Cuddy's challenge and goes off Vicodin for a week in exchange for no clinic duty for a month. If House and his team can't determine the source of his patient's blood loss, the 16-year-old car victim will die in a matter of days. As House's withdrawal symptoms become more and more severe, his patient directives for his patient are more harsh and risky than usual, and Foreman and Cameron are afraid he may not be thinking clearly enough to save the patient's life.

Review: God, House does some retarded things just to get even with Cuddy. This one takes the Special prize. Even so, I guess detoxing made him realize that he IS an addict, even if he doesn't particularly want to do anything about it. No wonder Laurie got the Emmy for his role in this episode - he really shows off his versitility in acting with this. As if he really were detoxing. -__-; Also, good House/Wilson interaction here. I still don't know why Wilson puts up with him, but regardless, they're a good team.

Houseisms:
Dr. Cuddy: You know, there are other ways to manage pain.
House: Like what, laughter? Meditation? Got a guy who can fix my third chakra?

Dr. Wilson: You alienate people.
House: I've been alienating people since I was three.
Dr. Wilson: Oh, come on! Drop it! You don't think you've changed in the last few years?
House: Well, of, of course I have. I've gotten older. My hair's gotten thinner. Sometimes I'm bored, sometimes I'm lonely, sometimes I wonder what it all means.
Dr. Wilson: And everything's the leg? Nothing's the pills? They haven't done a thing to you?
House: They let me do my job, and they take away my pain.

Dr. Wilson: You learn anything?
House: Yeah, I'm an addict.
Dr. Wilson: Uh, okay.

House: (waves cane) Chicks dig this - it's better than a puppy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home