the usagi incidents

20051210

Smallville 97 (S5 E9)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

"LEXMAS"

Summary: Lex considers whether to turn an operative loose to obtain or fake damaging information against Jonathan to upset his Senatorial race. But when Lex is shot, he falls into a coma and is visited by the ghost of his mother, who shows him what his life could be like if he frees himself from his father. Meanwhile, Clark helps deliver Christmas presents.

Review: As horribly chiche this story was, I think it was one of the best of the season. Because unlike Scrooge, Lex wanted safety over happiness and so continues his journey down the Devil's Road. Had he chose happiness, Lana would have died giving birth to their daughter. But if he has safety and power, that sadness can't reach him. I can't say I don't understand his feelings - if I were in that situation, I would most likely do the same thing. Excellent episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home