the usagi incidents

20060101

Fledgling



Summary: Fledgling, Octavia Butler's first new novel in seven years, is the story of an apparently young, amnesiac girl whose alarmingly un-human needs and abilities lead her to a startling conclusion: she is in fact a genetically modified, 53-year-old vampire. Forced to discover what she can about her stolen former life, she must at the same time learn who wanted-and still wants-to destroy her and those she cares for, and how she can save herself.

Review: My mother sent this to me as a giftmas gift and I wasn't sure I'd like it. I'd really like a sequel - I finished it in one sitting in about 2 hours. I loved everything about this book, and you can bet I'll be rereading it again and again. This author seems interesting - she's not afraid to go to the squicky places with her audience (Shori being a 53 year old woman in an 11 year old body and having sexual relationships with others), and that really impressed me. Sequel, please!

Final Rating: A+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home